Thursday, November 3, 2011

Young Women Girls Camp

I was called to be the Mia Maid adviser in January of 2011. I was a little nervous when I received this calling, but I grew to love these girls very quickly! They are all so special to me and I love them so much! I know this is where I'm supposed to be, and I'm grateful for them! They have taught me way more then I could ever teach them!

Our stake went on the trek in July this year, but it's only for ages 14 and up, so our ward did a little girls camp at the beginning of June so that the Beehives could go to camp. It was up at the Morton's (a couple in our ward) cabin in Dry Fork. It was a beautiful place and so nice for the girls! I wasn't able to go up and stay because of work, but I went up on Thursday and Friday night to hang out with them. Thursday I drove up with Brooklyn and had dinner. That night each class did their skits, which were so cute. On Friday I took Brooklyn to MiKell's and rode up with Alan and Connie. That was the night the Bishopric and their wives were invited up for dinner.

After dinner that night, we did the "Lehi's Dream" program. The leaders really put a lot of hard work into it. The girls were blind folded and had to walk along the iron rod, past the Great and Spacious building (which had a bunch of people mocking and persuading them to let go), and we had leaders trying to get them to let go the entire walk, until they got up to the top. I'm so mad I didn't take pictures of it, but they had a tree all lit up with white Christmas lights, where they were given a caramel apple and sat under the tree and listened to a little thought that was given by Shannon Deets (our Laurel adviser). My part in the program was to stand at the very end of the iron rod and stop each one of them, give them a big hug, take off their blind fold and tell them they had made it to the tree of life. It was such a spiritual experience, and I'm so glad I got to do it. Almost all of the girls started crying when they got there, like they were so relieved and so happy to have made it. The spirit was so strong that night, and I hope it's something they will never forget.

My cute Mia Maids
Back Left to right: Natalie Sinks, Jade Timothy, Aubryn Talbot, Annie Luck, Emily Hamson
Front Left to right: Audrey Fitchette, Cami Adams
Brooklyn absolutely LOVES these girls! She gets so excited when she sees them every week at church. Look at her in this picture, she thinks she is just one of them!
All the Mia Maids with me and Kristy Sinks (1st counselor) Love her too!!
This was the end of the Mia Maid skit. It was so cute!
Love these girls!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These were awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

This was so cute!!!