Wednesday, November 2, 2011

South Dakota-Day 3

The first thing we did this day was head over to Keystone to do the Alpine slide. This place had a really neat little resturant up on a hill that we had to ride a ski lift up to. There was kind of a side view of Mt. Rushmore up there, but it was pretty far away. Ben rode the slide down the hill so I had to ride the lift back down by myself with Brooklyn. Talk about scary! She is so wiggly that I was terrified the whole time that she was going to fall out! We made it though, and Ben loved the slide!

I love this picture!
We went to Rapid City for the afternoon and rode go-carts. Way fun! Brookie loved it!
On our way out of town we stopped at Cosmo's. It's a little place out in the woods that has all sorts of tricky little things, like balls and water rolling uphill, people standing on a level surface, then switching places and one of them is way taller than the other. The whole place just has this weird magnetic feel, that makes you feel completely off balance. When we were through, and walking to our car I felt really sick to my stomach. I was glad it was the last thing we had planned on doing because it took me awhile before I felt normal again.



While we were driving home, we decided to stop at Devil's Gate and the Martin's Cove visitor's Center. I hadn't been there since I went on the pioneer trek when I was 14 or 15 and Ben had never been. We got there about 10 minutes after they had closed, but a nice Elderly missionary came and talked to us and actually ended up opening it back up and giving us our own personal tour. It was so nice of him, and I was so glad Ben got to see it.
We had such a great trip, and it was so fun to spend some time together!

No comments: