Tuesday, February 14, 2012

State Drill Team at UVU

Last Saturday (February 4th) we got up early and headed to Orem to watch the State Drill Team competition. My bosses daughter, Alysse is on the U'ettes and we wouldn't miss going to watch her. They're just like family to us. We also got to watch my cousin Charis, because San Juan was in the 2A competition, so it was a double bonus. I spent my day running back and forth because the 2A and 3A were facing opposite directions when they would perform. I got to visit with my Aunt Adele a lot and had a lot of fun seeing her. Uintah did awesome and took 1st! It was so fun to watch them and see how excited they were!

We barely made it within minutes before Uintah's first dance, because when we were driving through Daniel's, Brooklyn got a little car sick and threw up all over! It was all over her and her car seat. Luckily she was still in her pajamas, I was planning on getting her ready once we got there. We had to pull over and attempt to clean it up as best as we could with wipeys, and then rush to the competition. I think we sat down as the team right before Uintah was performing. A little too close for comfort, but I'm glad we made it!

Brooklyn was ready to go by this point and was in no mood for pictures.

I stole this picture from the paper. It was actually at region, but I couldn't find one of State. Go Uintah!-3A State Champions!!

No comments: