Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Monica's 30th Birthday Surprise

Monica's birthday was on January 13th. I worked for a little while in the morning, and then Mom and I headed down to Moroni to surprise her. We made a poster and had cookies, cupcakes, balloons and presents waiting for her. I parked my car at the health clinic across the street from her house so that she wouldn't see it. We got everything ready, and then waited for her to get home from school. When she walked in her back door, she saw all the things on her kitchen table and was thinking some of her friends had come over and done something. Then, I had Brooklyn walk around the corner and when Monica saw her she was so surprised! It was so much fun! I was so glad we were able to pull it off and that we were able to celebrate her birthday with her!

The next day we all drove down to Richfield to watch my cousin Charis, who was dancing in a drill team competition. Kyler rode down with us too. We went to lunch with my Aunt Adele, Uncle Shelby, and cousin Dresden, and then went to the competition and watched her perform. Ben's sister Misti lives in Richfield now, so before Mom and I headed home, we stopped to see them for a little while. It was fun to see their new home and visit with them. Misti was watching Ben's other sister, Amanda's kids that week while Amanda and John were on a cruise, so we also got to see her girls. It was a great trip and it was so nice to see so much family, even if it was only for a short time.

Kaleb

Charis, Adele and Brooklyn
Ellie and Brooklyn

Ellie, Me, Brooklyn, Monica, Kaleb and Kyler

No comments: