Thursday, May 22, 2008

May update

Wow, May has been such a hectic month! We have had so much going on, I don't even know where to start! I had to go through my pictures on my camera to remember everything that's been going on. So I know some of this stuff is late, but here's where I left off: (This will be a long post! )

We went out a couple weekends ago to watch Kyler and the soccer team play in the state tournament against Park City. Unfortunately they lost but we were so proud of them, they played an awesome game! They held on clear through both halves, went into overtime and Park City scored on them in the first minute of overtime. It was really sad that it was their last game and knowing that we wont be watching him play sports anymore, but they had an awesome season in both basketball and soccer and it was so fun going to all the games and cheering them on these past few years!
My birthday was on Mother's day this year, so it was kinda fun to get to share my day with my 2 wonderful moms. I can't believe I'm 25! This birthday hit me harder than any other I've had. It was fun to hang out with family anyway. I totally spaced getting any pictures at my mom's house because we were all too busy watching the Jazz, so I made sure to get some at Ben's mom and dad's. We were trying really hard to get a picture of all of us looking at the camera at the same time here. These are Dale and Shannon's cute kiddos. On Thursday the 15th, Ben's sweet little grandma Lilly Mae died. She had some complications following a surgery and ended up in the hospital for about a week before passing. It was pretty unexpected, as we thought she was doing much better and was going to pull through. Ben and I were so glad we were able to go visit her the weekend before when we were in Salt Lake for Kyler's game. We headed out to Salt Lake for her viewing on Sunday, and then her funeral was Monday morning. The services were beautiful, everyone talked of how she was the most loving, giving person they knew. Everything she did was out of the kindness of her heart. She never once forgot one of our birthdays, and she was here supporting us in everything we did. She LOVED her grandkids, and always said that us "in-law" grandkids aren't any different than her "real" grandkids. She always loved us just the same. We are going to miss her so much, but are grateful for all the wonderful memories that we have of her!
I love this picture. It's the only one I could find of just Grandma Mae and I. This picture was taken by Ben's mom when we were on the way to the airport to pick up Ben from his mission. We were so excited, but I was super nervous and she just held my hand and told me everything was going to work out just fine. Ben's dad with his brothers and sisters

Ben and his sister Misti's cute little boy, Cason.

6 comments:

George and Karyn said...

Boy you did have a very busy month. That is so cool that Uintah went so far with soccer good job boys. I am sorry about your grandma Mae she sounds like such a sweet lady. I also wanted to say Happy Birthday!

Nick Scott Family said...

I've been waiting for your May update :) Sorry to hear of your grandma's passing Ben. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Seriously, when you guys come out to Salt Lake, give us a call. We have an extra bedroom and are always up for something to do!! We could do a Bees game, Real game, movie, dinner, anything!! Have a good Memorial weekend.

Rodarte Family said...

So, this is totally belated, but Happy Birthday! For some reason, 25 was rough to me also. Maybe it's the official age of not being 'a kid' anymore?
We're sorry to hear of your Grandma Mae's passing. I know we're not exactly within miniutes of you guys, but please let us know if there is anything you need.

Mike Alexis & Grayson said...

Happy belated Birthday Marcie! It sounds like you two have been pretty busy. May has been very busy for us as well. I'm excited for the summer though! I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your Granmda Mae. It's so hard to lose a loved one. It's so nice to know that we can be with them again though. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Robert, Melanie and fam said...

Happy be-lated birthday Marcie! I hope you had a great birthday. And also I'm so sorry for you and Ben's loss! My thoughts are with you guys! That is such a precious picture of you and his grandma together! you can tell she really loved you just in that picture! I remember when Roberts grandpa died I think I took it harder than he did. But it's such a comfort to know where their at and who they are with now. Dont you think? :) Anyways hopefully now that the summer has come you guys will have a fun eventfull time together! ttyl!

George and Karyn said...

I am also glad that it didn't rain on us as graduation. I can't believe that it was warm, I was sure that it would have been freezing.