Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Graduation, Mom's B-day and Memorial Day

This past Friday Kyler graduated from Uintah High School. The weather turned out really nice, even though we were worried about getting rained out. It was pouring all day, and they said they were going to have it outside no matter what. It was a really nice ceremony. It's a little bitter sweet for me, because I am so sad when I think about him growing up! Before we know it he will be leaving on a mission and I can't stand the thought of him being gone for 2 years. We have always been so close and it just makes me sad. I am so proud of him though for all he accomplished in high school. He deserves nothing but the best. I love you Kyler, congratulations!!
Friday was also my mom's birthday. After graduation we went back to her house for cake and ice cream and Kyler opened his graduation presents and we had a little b-day party for her. My grandma (mom's mom) and aunt, uncle and cousins came up from Blanding. Monica and Dwain came out also. It was so fun hanging out with my mom's family all weekend, they don't make it up to Vernal very often! On Sunday of memorial weekend my Monsen family has a tradition of meeting up at the cemetery to visit and decorate my Grandpa Monsen and Aunt Linda's graves. Afterwards, we go to my grandma's and have a nice lunch. It was good to see my family and catch up with everyone!

My aunt and uncle Gary and Julie and their kids Taylor and Logan

My aunt and Uncle Donald and Sherry and her son and his wife

My mom and dad

My sister MiKell and her husband LeeMe and my sweet hubby, Ben

10 comments:

George and Karyn said...

Your family is so cute. It was really cool to be at graduation and be able to see Kyler graduate.

Annie said...

You know what? We were at the cemetery on Sunday, too. I wish we would have run into you guys!

Nick Scott Family said...

Congratulations on your graduation Kyler! I can't believe he is getting ready for his mission ... crazy how time flies. I missed the cemetary this year but looks like most of the family made it!

George and Karyn said...

I can say that is wasn't that fun! but so worth it.... I am glad that I found out what I am allergic to, even though I have to live in a bubble the rest of my life, HA HA HA HA.... Or is seems like I should. I am going in again however cuz you know it is so much fun, so that I can get tested on food this time, hopefully it isn't as much as the pollens and molds.

Mike Alexis & Grayson said...

Thank you so much for posting the pictures of the cemetary! I miss family activities like that. It is nice to see pictures and feel not so far away. Thanks! I wish my family would get a blog so I can see them. I was so excited to see their picture!

Rodarte Family said...

Pass along our congratulations to Kyler!

Laura Larsen said...

Hi Marcie,
Yes we definately need Monica to set up a blog so we can check on her and that cute baby she's going to have. Hopefully this summer I will see you in Moroni. Let me know what you last name is and blog address so I can add you. Talk to you soon. Is Kyler really old enough to graduate? I will always remember him at Monica's wedding at that age. Talk to you later.

George and Karyn said...

It is George's sister Eleasha and her husband Tyler Mckee that are expecting!

Shalisa Hazleton said...

Ha ha. I just had to comment when I saw your blog! You two look very happy! I had to show my husband your blog when I told him I found my first kiss. ha ha. It makes me laugh. If you want to see my blog email me @ shalisahazleton@hotmail.com

Peggy said...

I just looked at your blog--thanks for telling me about it. I didn't realize we shared an aunt and uncle (Sherry and Don). Sherry's first husband is Keith's grandpa's brother-if that makes sense. I'm excited to keep up on your post. Tell Mikell hi for me.