Sunday, November 8, 2009

My Beautiful Grandma

My beautiful Grandma McDaniel (my mom's mother) passed away on October 25th. She was the most wonderful, spiritual person I know. She lived her life every day with so much grace and integrity. She was always such a good example to me of living a Christ like life. She had so much knowledge of the gospel and always wanted to learn more. I love her so much and am going to miss her tremendously. The funeral was down in Blanding on the 30th of October.
This was a boquet put together by all of the grandkids. We each picked a flower that reminded us of her. It turned out so pretty. I picked a snap dragon because she always had them in her garden. She had 51 grandkids, including great grandkids and grandkids by marriage. She loved them all just like they were her own. Every one in our entire family was there, except Kyler who is gone on his mission.


My dad putting his flower on the casket.

I was going through some of my pictures and found a few that I loved of her. This first one is kind of dark, but it shows her doing one of the things she loved the most. When my mom was young, my grandpa moved the family to Tonga to teach school. They lived there for about 6 years. My grandma loved her time living in Tonga, and loved to talk about it to us. I loved the way her face would just light up when talking about her adventures there. She had so many fun keepsakes from her time there, including hundreds of seashells, grass skirts, and shell necklaces. When we were little we would always dress up in her grass skirts and she would teach us Tongan dances. We always had so much fun! This picture is from a couple years ago at our family reunion, and she was teaching the younger grandkids a Tongan dance.

Our wedding, October 2004
May 2007

Thanksgiving 2007


I love my Grandma and will miss her so much! I can't help but be happy for her though, when I think about her reuniting with my sweet Grandpa. I know they are together again, and I know they are so happy! I'm glad she was a part of my life as long as she was and I'm so grateful for all she has done for me. She was a wonderful lady who will be greatly missed by everyone who knew her.

7 comments:

Chelsie Jensen said...

I'm sorry about your loss, but she is definitely in a better place :). Your mom told us about the changes that are going to be happening in a little bit and we are really excited for you :) and we are also excited that your house is going to be done soon.

lovebeingamom said...

You did a great job on your post Marcie, I know your grandma is so special to you.

I LOVE the new picture of you and Ben, I haven't seen any of them yet. You should post some more. Adorable!

Nick Scott Family said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandma McDaniel!! Now she's up in heaven smiling down on you but back with her eternal companion (how fun for her).

I love that picture of you and Ben ... when and where did you take it?

Kandice said...

Aww darn it. I am so sorry. She looks like a great lady. I am glad you have such good memories of her.

George and Karyn said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. How is your mom doing? The first thing that i remembered was when I rode down with you and your family to visit my aunt while you were visiting your grandma. She was so sweet. Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you.

Rodarte Family said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. She seems like such a great lady; what a blessing to have been a part of her life. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Lisa said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma!
She is beautiful and seems like such a special woman!

On a different note, I think I heard some news about you, how exciting!