Monday, November 30, 2009

I'm Thankful....

For our baby girl coming in May!


Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone I just wanted to write about how thankful I am for this little miracle. We are so incredibly happy and grateful to our Heavenly Father. This is something we have been hoping and praying for for a long time. We couldn't be happier!

We found out that we were expecting the day after we got home from our trip to Yellowstone back in September. We couldn't believe it, in fact I had taken a test at home while Ben was at work and when I called to tell him it was positive, he made me come down to the hospital so he could draw my blood and do a blood test because he didn't believe me. Sure enough, the blood test was positive too! I think we were in shock for a couple of days. We had Ben's brother Dale do an ultrasound that weekend and found out I was only about 5 1/2 weeks.

We made a card and used the ultrasound with a poem to tell our parents the following week. We wanted to tell them in our new house, so we put the card in the room we're going to use for the baby's room, and asked them to just come over and look at the progress on the house. They had no clue whatsoever! They all thought they were just coming over to look at the house. When they went in that room and saw the card, it took them a minute to look at it and read it, then the look on their faces was priceless! We were all crying by the time they all figured it out! It was such a sweet moment!

The poem reads:

I do not have a face to see, or put inside a frame,

I do not have soft cheeks to kiss, I don't yet have a name,

You can't yet hold my tiny hands, nor whisper in my ear,

It's still too soon to sing a song, or cuddle me so near,

But all will change come May, that's when they say I'm due,

I'm your new grandson or granddaughter, I can't wait till I meet you,

All I ask between now and then, is your patience while I grow,

I promise I'll be worth the wait, because of all the love we'll know,

So what I have to give you now, is a wish to you from me,

I cannot wait to be a part of this wonderful family.

We had Dale do another ultrasound on November 7th when I was about 15 weeks along and that's when we found out it was a girl! We really are so excited and feel so very blessed!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! Congrats you two!!

George and Karyn said...

congrats.. I am so excited for you. Your going to be a great mom. Let me know if you need anything at all.

Kandice said...

Oh Marcie, I am SO excited for you, I know you have wanted this forever. I got a little teary reading it...that is awesome! May is a wonderful time to have a baby, and you will be in your new house too, that is just awesome!

Lisa said...

Congratulations you guys! That is very exciting and such a blessing!

You are going to br great parents!

Kids are the greatest thing in the world, especially when they are your own :)

Annie said...

Yay, Marc! I'm happy for you two. I had been wondering if that was in the works for awhile.

Jada said...

Yeah! I am so happy! Everytime I think of you all I can do is smile. I'm thankful for the Lord's Blessings too. You will absolutely love being a mother it is the vest thing in the world. Love Ya!

Nick Scott Family said...

Marcie and Ben ... we are so excited for you two!! Another cute Baby Girl in the family ... I think my mom and grandma will be jealous - we're only producing boys on our side!!

Chelsie Jensen said...

YAY YAY!! I'm so happy for you guys. Little girls are the best :) Hope everything is going well for you.

Jodi said...

Oh how exciting!! Congrats you guys, that is so so exciting!

Erika and Jason said...

I found your blog through someone else. I can't tell you how excited I am for you!!! It took us a long time and I can't tell you how amazing little babies are! You will be the best parents!

Nichole said...

I love that baby girl is waving to you in the ultrasound.

Melissa said...

Wow! That is great news!!! Congratulations :) I'm so happy for you two!!

Whit said...

That's exciting! I'm sure Jon's told you all about out troubles getting pregnant so I can sure relate to how you are feeling right now! I still want to meet you guys! Let me know when you can get together. WE can do dinner and play games or something!

Rodarte Family said...

I am SO excited for the two of you!! What a beautiful blessing a baby is; and to have waited for so long magnifies gratitude. Both you and Ben are going to be amazing parents. Congrats again!

Shalisa Hazleton said...

YA! I am so excited for you! That made me all teary eyed! Girls are fun! I can't wait to see pictures! I hope you have been feeling ok!

Danielle Hacking said...

How exciting! Congrats! You will be the best parents! Hope you are feeling well!

ME & HE said...

I am so happy for you guys. I was shocked at how different your ulstrasound looked after seeing two babies in all of mine. Your's doesn't looked all squished! She's got lots of room! Congrats!

Wonderland Girl said...

Soooo happy for your Marcie!!

lovebeingamom said...

Wow Marcie, I didn't know so many people read your blog!

I'm so excited to finally see ultrasound pix!!! So sweet!

We'll be up next week! Can't wait to see you!

Devin and Elisa said...

Rock on! Thanks for sharing! - Devin

~Christine~ said...

So excited to meet your new little girl in May! CONGRATULATIONS!

Marcus, Angie & Bug said...

so cool! congrats! girls are fun

4Battyz said...

Hey i just came across your blog! I just wanted to say congrats! You will be such an awesome mommy! not to mention a cute one! Congrats!

Slaugh Family said...

I love it so very much and I cant tell you how happy I am for you both. I hope our girls will be great friends like we are. Love ya Marcie!!!