Saturday, January 28, 2012

Grandma Monsen's B-day/Monsen Reunion

On August 19th and 20th we got together and had a Monsen family reunion and celebrated Grandma's 90th birthday. Her birthday isn't until November, but a lot of the family was here this weekend, so it worked out better for everyone to get together. On Friday evening we met at the Naples Park and had a nice dinner, played games and had cake. Then Saturday morning we met for a big family picture, then went back to the park where they had balloon animals for the kids and we had lunch. It was so much fun to see a lot of my cousins who I haven't seen for years. The only downside of the weekend was I had a horrible ear infection, and was in so much pain on Friday night, I ended up going into the ER early Saturday morning so I could get an antibiotic. The antibiotic they gave me there didn't work like it should have, so I ended up having to go to the Dr. Monday and get a stronger antibiotic and some pain meds. The pain meds made me really, really sick that night though, so it was a little rough for a few days! Despite all of that, it was a great weekend with family, and I hope we can get together again soon.

No comments: