Wednesday, July 27, 2011

March 2011

Since I went back to work after having Brooklyn, Ben and I have been able to work out our schedules so that between the two of us, one of us is home with Brooklyn, and we haven't needed to take her to a babysitter or daycare. Ben works 7 days on, 7 days off, so on his weeks off, I work full time. Then on his weeks on, his shift is from 1:00 pm-11:00 pm, so those weeks I only work until noon. I'm so thankful that I work for such great people who understand the importance of family and have allowed me to be so flexible with my schedule. They are even so good about Brooklyn coming down to the office if needed. It's definitely a lot easier getting up and going to work every day knowing that she's just home with Ben. He takes such good care of her, and I can see that they are really close because they get to spend so much time together. That's not something that many dads get to do, and I think that its actually a really good thing for both of them. It is hard though, some mornings, to get out of bed and go to work while these two sleep in!

Brooklyn's definitely a girly girl. She loves playing with my jewelry. She'll take my necklaces and bracelets and put them on and take them off for hours. Every time we go over to my mom's she heads straight to her bedroom and gets in her jewelry box and puts her necklaces on.

She loves phones! Every time she picks one up she puts it up to her ear and says "dad".

2 comments:

Kassi Luck said...

She is so cute!! It was good to see you today. I hardly see anyone anymore!! That is so nice that you guys are able to be home with her. What a great schedule!!

~Christine~ said...

That's awesome that you and Ben get to spend time with Brooklyn. It's the best when the parent gets to be the "caregiver"! :) Happy for you! She's a doll!