Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Brooklyn's blessing day

Brooklyn was blessed on Sunday July 4th. The 4th of July has always been a special day for Ben and I because that's the day we were engaged 6 years ago. It was great to be able to have her blessed that same day, I was glad that Brooklyn could be a little part of our special day. It really made me feel complete as a little family. Ben gave her an amazing blessing, and we had everyone from both families there, except Kyler (who comes home in 4 months!). Afterward, we had planned on having a luncheon in Batty's backyard. The wind and rain almost ruined our plans, but we ended up moving the lunch into their garage and it all turned out great. After the luncheon we all headed down to the park for the fireworks. We had such a great day! We are so blessed to have such a beautiful baby girl. We love her so much!!


Us with Ben's sister Misti


Us with Lee, MiKell and Kaden
Brooklyn and Mom and Dad


The day before her blessing, my mom gave me these cute little booties. They were the same booties that I was blessed in, so that was so special to me to have Brooklyn blessed in them too!
I love my baby girl!


She really liked watching the fireworks at first, until a really loud, bright one went off. Then I spent the rest of the night trying to calm her down :) What a fun ending to a perfect day!!

5 comments:

Chelsie Jensen said...

Oh she looks so gorgeous in her dress. She is getting so big!

Andrea and Preston said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful blessing! Brooklyn looks adorable! We got your announcement card a little while back and I keep meaning to tell you guys congratulations! You all looks so happy together! What a cute family!

Nick Scott Family said...

She is ADORABLE! I love her blessing dress. How fun!

ME & HE said...

Too cute, Marcie. I am so happy for you and love that you are loving being a mommy. It is the greatest thing in the world, isn't it? Love ya!!

~Christine~ said...

So glad to see you so happy with your baby girl! She's beautiful!