Thursday, October 7, 2010

APRIL 2010

I am trying to catch up on blogging. Brooklyn was born on April 22nd, and since that day life has been wonderfully crazy to say the least! I went back to work when she was almost 6 weeks old, so trying to balance work, home, church, family and everything else has been quite the adjustment!! Blogging just hasn't been on the top of my priority list, when there's always something else that needs to be done. I'm still wanting to make my blog into a book at the end of each year though, so I definitely need to document everything that I feel is important. We have literally taken hundreds of pictures since she's been born, so I figured the easiest way to catch up is to seperate my posts by the month. So here I go........
April 2010:

Our first full day home with Brooklyn was on Sunday, April 25th.. Dale, Shannon and the kids came over to visit her for the first time. My parents and Ben's parents came over to visit as well. My mom helped me give her her first bath at home. She hated her baths for the first few weeks.

We took her to her first Dr's appointment on Monday, April 26th, with Dr. Kwak. She had dropped a little in weight, and was down to 6 lbs 4 oz. (She was 6 lbs 8 oz when she was born). It was our first excursion out of the house, and Ben and I were definitely the typical paranoid, first time parents, but we all survived.

When she was brand new, we would put her in front of the fire every night after her bath. She would just stare at it, and she loved laying there by the warm fire.


She was so sleepy all the time. She had her days and nights mixed up for the first month or so. She would sleep all day long, and there was nothing we could do to wake her up. She slept like a rock. Then about 10:00 or 11:00 every night, she was wide awake and wanted to play!

My visiting teachers brought me dinner one night, the first week I was home from the hospital and they also brought me this darling tutu and flower. MiKell and I had fun dressing her up, and laughing, because the flower was bigger than her whole head!!

Coming soon.....May 2010!

3 comments:

Nichole said...

Blogging is so hard when you have a baby! I am so bad at it now. We are coming out on the 15th. Cant wait to see you guys

The Spafford Fam said...

These turned out so cute!!! Good Job!! She is adorable.

lovebeingamom said...

I love the updates, the pictures are too cute! Keep 'em coming!