Saturday, August 30, 2008

A great start to a long weekend!

Last night Ben and I took his mom and dad out to dinner for their birthdays. His dads was last week on the 20th and his moms was in July. We had a great time with them. Afterwards, we went up to their house and Ben helped his dad put up their new medicine cabinet in their bathroom. Alan has been remodeling the bathroom, and this was one of the finishing touches. It looks amazing, he has done such a good job on it. I know Connie is happy to have it done also!

When we got home, our friends Tim and Steph Rodarte stopped by as they were on their way into town. It was so much fun to see them. We used to be neighbors and we did everything together! We have missed them so much since they moved to Ogden! We don't get out near as much anymore! They have the most adorable little baby, Gracie, I just love her!! Look at that smile!

Today I'm going to a baptism of a cute girl named Kya. I'm in young women's in my ward and Kya is a friend of one of the girls in our YW named Jaden. Jaden has been bringing her to church and activities every week, and she even went up to girls camp with our ward. Jaden sat with her through all of the missionary discussions, and she has finally decided to be baptized. Jaden called and asked me to play the piano for her to sing a song at the baptism. I can't wait, I know it will be so spiritual and I'm so happy she has decided to join the church. Jaden has been such an amazing example to me, what a great blessing missionary work is in our lives! I often feel like I learn so much more from the girls than they do from me, and I know that's exactly why I have this calling. I am so grateful for them and their sweet spirits, I love them all so much!

2 comments:

Rodarte Family said...

What a cute baby ; ) We seriously miss you guys! Let's plan a weekend get together sometime soon or even just a day to meet in Park City or something.

Danielle Hacking said...

Their little girl is adorable! Glad you enjoyed your time with them. Tyson's mom is doing well, she moved out here to SLC, and we are all trying to spend time together. Its hard, but this family is really strong. Hope you had a fun Labor Day Weekend!