Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July!

I love the fourth of July! It is by far one of my favorite holidays! I just love getting together with friends and family, enjoying the hot summer day, and watching fireworks! The fourth is also a really special day for Ben and I because 4 years ago, he proposed to me on the 4th of July. That afternoon he took me up in the mountains to a spot that overlooks the whole basin and proposed there. Then we came down that night and watched the fireworks at the park with his family. I can't think of any better way to celebrate the day of our engagement than watching fireworks every year! It's great!! This year was just as good. First we had a BBQ at my parents house with all my family, then we headed to the park to meet Ben's family including his mom and dad, uncle Craig and aunt Rhonda, and Dan and Nikki. Kyler decided to come with us too. We always try to get there early so we can play games and enjoy each others company. We were teasing Kyler during the fireworks to enjoy them this year cuz he sure wont be watching them in Canada a year from now.

The next day Ben surprised me with a trip up to Red Canyon Lodge to go horseback riding. We had a blast! I hadn't ever been so I was a little nervous, but I had a really sweet horse and I had such a fun time! My parents and Kyler met us up there afterwards for lunch, then later that night we had a BBQ at Ben's parents house. We were definitely well fed over the weekend!

One last highlight of my week was my good friend BriAnn coming to stay with us on Saturday night. We have been friends since we were tiny and we don't get to see each other very often anymore. It was so good to have her here and to catch up on everything. It's funny how I probably only see her once or twice a year, but we always just pick up right where we left off. She's an amazing friend! Thanks for coming Bri!!

12 comments:

Annie said...

How sweet of Ben to plan a trip to the lodge. I remember riding horses up there when we were younger and it was kind of scary! Good thing you had a nice horse!

George and Karyn said...

I would say you had a fun, busy weekend. Ben is so sweet to plan a surprise trip for you to go ride horses. I love that he proposed to you on the 4th of July.

Megan said...

We are doing pretty good. I am actually coming one day next week. I'll have to find out for sure and let you know, maybe we can organize something.

Sounds like you guys had a good 4th. It's my favorite holiday. We went to Sugarhouse Park with a whole crowd. It was dang fun.

Keep in touch.

Megan

Shalisa Hazleton said...

I agree, what a sweet hubby. So, any plans to ride horses again? What a fun weekend!

Nick Scott Family said...

That looks like a ton of fun! I love horses. Congrats to Kyler! You'll have to let me know when his farewell is.

Danielle Hacking said...

I love the 4th too! Its my favorite time of year! Red Canyon is such a fun place, I worked there the summer after we graduated, its so beautiful!

Megan and Mike Glines said...

What a romantic Ben is. That is so sweet. We were so close to you on the fourth, we went camping at the gorge. Don't you love the fourth of July!

George and Karyn said...

Hey Marcie, How are you? How is Monica and baby doing?

P.S. I just wanted to let you know that I tagged you, you can see how to play the game on my blog. Have fun!!

George said...

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes.

Pfahim said...

Ben, Collin Nicholes here. I am one of the guys from the MTC who went to Hungary. Glad to see things are well for you. Check us out at: http://little-wooden-nickels.blogspot.com/

Slaugh Family said...

What a sweet guy Ben is maybe he could give Joey a few tips. To bad you werent with Ben at pack meeting. I'm so glad you have a blog. Who wouldv'e thought???

Rodarte Family said...

Hey, I don't know if you'll get this comment, but how do you know Collin and Krystal? Did you know I went to elementary/jr. high/high school with Collin and he was a friend of mine?! Weird. Small, small world!